Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where do I stand and what do I do?

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
The type of surfaces used on certain roads have been called into question recently in my area.A motorcyclist was killed on a stretch of newly laid tarmac and the family of the man killed started a campaign to stop this type of surface being used.I forget which type of tarmac was used,but apparently it's a new thing that the council are using and it has now come to light that if the surface is reasonably new and is wet it's very slippery.I forget the details of the case and I haven't heard anything about the campaign that the dead riders family started for a while.

I'm not sure if the council will do anything in your case Stef,but as Don says,at least no one was injured and that you have complained about the surface and it may help prevent a future accident if the council decide to do anything about it.
I can't think of the name of the surface either, however, it has been the subject of one of our leading current affairs programs and has been directly blamed for several deaths here. There was even one case where a straight piece of road was turned into a wet death-trap due to the surface.

If it is the same in the UK, what happens is the council lay a new section of road and leave it for several months before putting down the finish (top layer). Sometimes, as is the case here, it seems to never get finished.

I think it is a three letter acronym.
Currently in N7Qauto's garage:
Safrane, 2.0i Auto, 2000, RXEX, VF1B54L
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome