Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - N7's M-M-M-Mega Thread of Mini Niggles

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
N7's M-M-M-Mega Thread of Mini Niggles

I just had an idea that I should put the odd queries I will have into one thread rather than starting a different one each time I have a simple issue?

If there's an issue with me doing it this way, that's fine, I don't mind. I just have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot of general queries that might not really merit a thread as the answer might be simple.

If I have a big problem [and fingers crossed I won't] I'd start a new thread about that specific problem.

My first issue is electric related (surprise, surprise).

I have changed the relays for my rear demister twice and they have failed twice after a short period of working.

Both times I have sourced originals from scrappies, as Renault new are a ludicrous price.

Would the fact that I am using 'used' ones be part of the problem or does it indicate something else?

To explain further, the indicator light for the rear demister lights up when I turn it on and I can hear the clicking from the fuseboard, but it just does not work.

I am a little anxious to get this sorted as we are coming into the time it will be needed, but I don't want to buy more scappies, or new, without asking why the relays keep 'blowing'.
Currently in N7Qauto's garage:
Safrane, 2.0i Auto, 2000, RXEX, VF1B54L
  5 Lastest Threads by N7Qauto
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scrapyards for parts Steering and Suspension mord 16 619 8th March 2016 06:43 PM
Safrane - Lower Suspension Mount Renparts Ltd N7Qauto 0 367 3rd March 2016 08:05 PM
Fuel Pipe Release Tool Tools & equipment ronenfe 4 2728 14th July 2011 09:17 PM
Coil Spring replacement -when is a good time? Cars & motoring N7Qauto 3 1430 6th May 2011 12:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome