Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where do I stand and what do I do?

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi Stef - if your wheels locked and the car skidded I would definitely get the ABS checked out. Whilst the road surface may have poor grip non functioning ABS could be a very large contributary factor to the incident.
I have tried the ABS on a quiet road and I've found the wheels lock if I press the pedal to the floor...but if I lift my foot and plant it on the brake pedal again the ABS seems to kick in? hmm

With regards to the other comments, I may send the police head quarters and email and a copy of the letter I sent perth and kinross council and see what they say.
Contacting the pub as donald said I think? to see if its a recently replaced surface is also something I will do. This may seem a silly question but what do we mean by a recently replaced surface..replaced a month ago? 6 months ago?...
thanks again for all the help, I will use this extra bit to try do my best to atleast get a safer road for other users.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome