Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Spark Plug Type - 2.0 IDE Laguna 2002

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2006
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up bad idle

Originally Posted by MIKE4369
Do you know for certain that the injectors were at fault. As I said earlier in the thread Ren want 1000+ to change the injector rail and still they are not confident the fault would be cure3d. My car throws up the fault every time the revs dip below 900 if I heel and toe to keep the revs up when stationary it's ok. I've been given all sorts of cures on the various threads I have been on but I am not sure if that's the answer. What could cause the injectors to throw up this fault? the car does 30 mpg and goes like stink I would have thought if it was injector the these (mpg and top speed)would be affected. Also been told the head may have to come off to check the valves luckily I have an extended warranty which covers valves.
I am totally perplexed!!!!!

I have to agree with you if you have dodgy injector you will get a misfire under load end and also your mpg would have drastically dropped .
As I have said before forgive me if i am wrong but it sounds like your idle valve or somthing to do with your air intake .
Have you thought of taking your car to another Renault dealer or a very good independent garage .
Your car from what you are telling me has nothing seriously wrong with it .

There's no way round it you will need to get a diagnostic check done on your vehicle to find out what is wrong with it .
If it means spending 50 do it
When you get the diagnostic check done get them to check the fuel pressure reg make sure they do this .
Please update me as to what they have found

Thanks ide man
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome