Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #127 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Tiggerz_SRi View Post
Lag IIs, Does anyone have one on this site that just works?!
I've heard of the odd one or two but they normally seem to be fairly new. As with many renault cars once they're a few years old they seem to start going up far more rapidly than the Lag1 or other renaults. I'd say the Lag1 is a far more robust car in the renault range. Along with scatz, I know one or two other lag1 owners and they all swear by them. Renault suspension does seem to be a common issue though along with weird electrical problems.

I'll be very suprised if anyone ever has a 10yr old lag2 which just runs with no issues. It really is a shame as the lag2 has some marvellous toys which put the saff to shame. It seems renault come up with the ideas but never bother to fix weak points for the next design they use them in. Renault must be aware of the faults that need sorting but I suspect they're enjoying the profit from spares sales too much to care. what they don't realise is that they're shooting themselves in the foot. People talk and Renault aren't creating a good reputation for themselves.

Everyone I work with - except the one who has the lag2, has a thing against renault. They all told me not to get another renault before we got the saff. Admittedly most were impressed with the saff but most still have their doubts purely because of the badge on the front of it.
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 13th August 2008 at 07:10 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome