Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #129 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'd sort of agree with that... Our megane has been a royal pain in the grass. We've got another busted engine mount and again the exhaust is rattling loose (replaced under warranty last month cos it kept coming loose lol). I'd reckon you got lucky with yours as ours is nothing but a money pit! It still needs a radiator replacement (though ironically it isn't loosing coolant) and luckily my neighbour has volunteered to do the break pad replacement!

MOT time soon and we've still not got the cat converter replaced either which almost failed it last year! (though unknown at the time it had a blown HG which might of been a contributing factor) In truth ours has been a total git! It also needs its suspension looking at too... At least with the megane theres always plenty of donor vehicles at the scrapster though unlike the saff! I do however think Renault could do far more to make their cars more reliable and look after their customers. Even us peeps who buy 4th hand renaults like to go to renault for diagnosis, parts, advice and service sometimes but the attitude of some of their staff is appalling!

German cars are ok ... ish. I wouldn't touch one myself though! Got a chap up the road with a Merc. He said its the biggest heap of e he's ever bought as its always in the garage. He reckons it is the most unreliable car he has ever had!

The next will be (in order of preference): Saff, Volvo or Jap. At the most desperate of times I might consider a ford.
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 13th August 2008 at 07:32 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome