Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #132 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Originally Posted by delta1066 View Post
German cars are ok ... ish. I wouldn't touch one myself though! Got a chap up the road with a Merc. He said its the biggest heap of e he's ever bought as its always in the garage. He reckons it is the most unreliable car he has ever had!
Mercs have really gone downhill since the mid-90s... Wouldn't put me off any VAG car or a Beemer (there's other things to put me off those ) though.

The next will be (in order of preference): Saff, Volvo or Jap. At the most desperate of times I might consider a ford.
Just don't buy a V40/S40 with a 1.9 common rail engine, 'cause I think you can guess who makes those (though oddly, I haven't heard of turbos blowing up on 'em...) If you're especially unlucky and get an early example, you get a Renault gearbox too...

The older 1.9 lump is the dTi... So it should be OK

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 13th August 2008 at 08:24 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome