Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #138 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by owenfackrell View Post
Still like mine. It is still giving over 50mpg on a motorway run and returns 45 when driving to and from work. The only time i have had any problems with my renaults is wiyh the last one when the gearbox went at 155k. The previous one to that we sold at 160k and i have seen it going still. This one is on 108k currently.
I feel that all modern cars have there problems but in all honesty you just don't see cars stopped at the side of the road like you used to and they are so complex that there are bound to be problems. I would like to know who many lag II renault have sold world wide and how many problems they have had.
I remember reading that the Megane II was the best selling car in europe and had the most amount of warrenty claims when expresed as a number but it was much lower than other manufactures when expressed as a percentage of cars sold.
That's the sort of information I feel the punter has the right to know but which manufacturers currently don't disclose.

LagIIs sold in the 100s of 1000 - even adding up all the exploded dCis on this forum it doesn't come close to the number out there.

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome