Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #140 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by excavator View Post
Ive' had my Lag11 since she was 6mths old,only problem up to now was the clutch master cylinder(which was changed 3 times under warranty)and a problem with the sat nav ariel which was resolved with the help of very kind forum members,apart from tyres shes gone through every m.o.t up to now nothing wrong,a car that is great to drive with loads of toys....definitely have another( this is my second renault had a Laguna 2.2 d rxe hatch before)and that didn't give me any probs either.....maybe i got lucky...fingers crossed...
I reckon it has a HUGE amount to do with previous treatment and in particular with the turbo diesel which in the dCi is in effect relatively highly tuned compared to the old 2.2D - 150 vs 110 hp - with warm up and cool down driving. Basically even well known punters on this forum have admitted killing their lease turbos by ignoring warm up and cool down.

So history on these is important. Equally, you don't want one that's dawdled - all diesels benefit from a run and an italian tune from time to time.

And don't forget those more regular than schedule oil changes and EGR scrubs!

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)

Last edited by bpowell555; 14th August 2008 at 01:14 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome