Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Snapped Cambelt*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well, my baby is still at Renault, thats 2 days of diagnostics so far, the stupid idiot who was supposed to be fixing it seems to have inadvertantly KILLED it.

He took it in to be resynched, didn't tell them what was wrong with it, or that it had had a recent belt change prior to it dying so Renault didn't know where to start, he just left the key and buggered off.

I had to call Renault when I couldn't reach him to be told, they didn't what on earth he had done to my car, but it had a serious problem, it'd had 2 top tech's and their boss on it for 2 hours but no clue of the problem, and my bill of 61.30 to get it resynched currently stood at 264.80 ( ) for the diagnostics.

So its now with Renault in bits, they have traced the problem to the fuel pump,but they're done for weekend so its fingers x'd for monday that its not going to cost a fortune, the only silver lining is it'll be good as new when I get it back!!!

Have one query though, could a problem with the fuel pump have caused it to die in the first place and not the belt, when it died I was doing around 50 and it literally just conked out and I coasted it off the road, stopping about 10 metres from where the power died, there was no noise it just died.

Thanks again everyone 4 their help on this
Currently in samdoh27's garage:
W reg clio mtv and 03 reg laguna II 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome