Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Cd player question...

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
cd player for scenic

when u say you found a cd player that works , do you mean a cd stacker that plugs into the back of the existing cassette head unit, certainly that wouldnt upset the dash display or steering controls. it would be the best option for someone wanting to add a cd player , most cassette player s manufactured in the 90s would have a cd controler built in , the philips one i took out was a cassette hu, with a philips cd stacker under the front seat, attatched to the head unit, just select CD from the source button, and you play cds.i took it out, as it was a japaneese import unit, and unless u have a band expander, it wont pick up nz stations. i have a sony in place now.the philips head unit i took out was model 22dc594/72b. and the cd stacker was model RC026, the headunit was designed to fit renaults, as the facia is part of the dash, i had to get a new dash panel made to fit aftermarket stereo.the cable that connects cd to head unit, is diferent from other philips cables, i have 2 philips head units, different models, and 2 cd stackers. both have diferent connections at rear of head unit,
Currently in petercee's garage:
1998 scenic rxe

Last edited by petercee; 17th August 2008 at 12:27 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome