Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fault message after reconnecting battery

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fault message after reconnecting battery

I recently completely disconnected the battery to enable me to charge it - Upon reconnecting the battery, I now get the message saying CHECK PARKING BRAKE also the service light is illuminated along with the warning triangle next to it.
Anyone know if this is a common fault after disconnecting the battery, has anyone else had this message ? Its annoying because there are quite a number of occasions when you might have to disconnect the battery to do something on your vehicle and if it can only be reset by a dealer, then how much is that !
Apart from taking it into my local dealer to check it or reset the management system, what could it be ?

Everything is fine apart from the annoying message !

2004 Scenic 2 1.5Dci 80bhp
  5 Lastest Threads by stepdey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheap Genuine Renault Parts ! General Chat 02C16790 1 3900 30th June 2010 10:39 PM
Parking Brake Fault Message Finally Cleared Electronics stepdey 6 3830 17th July 2009 03:20 PM
What Autoleads connect do I need ? Electronics ottoman 1 878 10th November 2008 04:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome