Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Repeated flat battery

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by henoed View Post
I had a similar problem albeit on a Fiat. The previous owner had wired both feeds, for the CD/Radio,one for memory/clock very low current drain and the other which should be ignition controlled to the permanent live. This mean a slow drain on the battery, which of course went flat after about 2-3 days. Once I sorted this out no problem, even for a Fiat! Have you fitted anything 'new' which could have caused the problem?
No I haven't fitted anything new that can cause this problem. I have fitted a permanently live power outlet socket but this was done after I first had the "drain" problem. I suspect a sticking relay that has freed itself up now as there is no sign of a drain and the car is working great - touch wood!
Currently in chrisball666's garage:
2009 Honda Accord, 2015 Renault Captur, 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive, 1972 Honda CB 500 and a 1996 Nonda 90

Last edited by chrisball666; 20th August 2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: didn't intend to shout my "NO" - podgey fingers!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome