Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Towing A Vehicle - Advice Needed

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Tiggerz_SRi View Post
needs front wheels off the ground iirc, Delta looked into this recently as I offered to tow a car for him, just need to hire a trailer now lol
If I could find a cheap one... tbh, with deposit on top it would be cheaper to get a recovery truck to do the job! I've half given up on ever rescuing that saff. Another point to consider is the trailer weight too. You seen the size of the saff, big ol thing it is. The trailer that would be required to move it would be massive dual axle jobbie. That ain't gonna be light..

Originally Posted by scatz View Post
Just pulled this off another forum;

"I've just phoned up DVLA about this, as I was interested as I wanted to do just this.

It is NOT legal to tow any vehicle without MOT and Tax on a public highway. The car MUST either be on a trailer or have valid trades plates (which would actually give it tax and the necessary road use clause)"

I'm told (made enquiries with police and father a while back) that trade plates can only be used on cars which are in posession of the trade plate owner. In other words the trade plate owner must own the car. They can't lend you the trade plates. PITA I know - I was looking at that idea myself for this other saff.
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome