Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Snapped Cambelt*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
No didn't need resynching, Renault said the engine wouldn't start cos of this faulty earth, and they reeled off the list of other recommendations, incl rear brakes, horn etc, can't understand how he managed to take out and fail to put back the 200 quids worth of bits and bobs they found missing, apparently the driveshaft (??) had no bolts??

Luckily for me they managed to find alot of the bits on old engine parts they had left lying around, so only having to pay 30 for some bolts and rubber belt/pulley thingy (can't remember exactly what he said) which is a lot less painful than 200!!!

I think if other half gets his hands on mechanic he'll be unable to work for a while!! He has seemingly disappeared since he rang Renault effing and blinding at them for telling me the status of the car,and me instructing them not to let him anywhere near my car again, now we can't get hold of him, unsurprisingly!!
Currently in samdoh27's garage:
W reg clio mtv and 03 reg laguna II 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome