Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Annoying rattle

Thread: Annoying rattle
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Annoying rattle

For months and months there was an annoying rattle from the clock area on our 2000 Megane Scenic. It didn't matter if the road was just in the slightest bit bumpy, there would be the constant rattle rattle rattle. I brought a Haynes manual with the intention of stripping out the front dash and to tighten the offending screw. Before I set to work, I had a poke and a prod around the front of the clock, and to my amazement, could see a small plastic like dish. Getting all excited and thinking something had worked itself really loose I got a pair of tweezers and managed to scoop out............................................... ...

drumroll please.................

a plastic eye from a kiddies toy, you know they type, a bit of ANNOYING RATTLEY BLACK PLASTIC in a sort of bubble.

Grrrr! Still, the Mrs. was out all day, so I spent the rest of the day relaxing and when she got home and asked what I'd been doing all day, I asked her to take her car for a drive and see if it rattled around the clock.

She didn't actually ask if I'd stripped down the dash, but like they do, just assumed I had, and we all know that they're never wrong(!), so I wasn't going to correct her! Heh heh.

Anyone else got an embarrasing story with their car 'maintenance'?!
Currently in scen1c's garage:
Toys. Toys. More toys. A freezer.
  5 Lastest Threads by scen1c
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How to: Scenic I - Central locking fuel cap motor Scenic cockybundoo 17 32723 23rd June 2008 09:15 PM
JUST exchanged contracts... General Chat ottoman 13 2447 21st May 2008 12:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome