Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Quick question for company vehicle drivers........

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Doing what I do, I know a lot of people who hire cars to travel back to the ships when it is sailing so their own cars can be left at home. They absolutely tan them. Same with our pool cars and vans, they get battered. We have currently got a Focus Estate with 50 odd thousand miles on it and it is knackered. It has got no guts in it anymore, ha.

I don't know why but even I have done it at times. Probably a bit different for our cars though as they don't really go far anyway. Only a few do.

I think it is as said above that it is down to the mindset that it isn't yours, it is a company's who can afford to repair it, i.e. hire cars.

Obviously this does have impacts on company's finances but no-one really thinks about that.

I am looking at working for Sky as a fitting and fault engineer. You get a van for yourself and I could happily say I would look after that and not rag it. It is you job, and sor some peopl you life, they are the one's who will look after their vehicles. If they only use it every no and again then they won't really care.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome