Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Quick question for company vehicle drivers........

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Unfortunately I think all company car drivers and hire car drivers are all the same. It must be something to do with them not having to shell out the hard earned for the vehicle in the first place and any subsequent repairs. If this isn't the case then it could just be the general"I don't give a s**t about anything or anyone" attitude.
Watch it! My handbag has a brick in it

I treat my repmobiles as I've always treated my own cars, though that does mean I'm treating a brand new vehicle like a 5+ year old one (both of my own cars were at least that old.) When I'm spending a lot of time on the road, the crisp wrappers and Coke cans do accumulate, but that'd be the case with my own car too.

From an accident and breakdown point of view, it's good to know that I won't end up with any bills, but I still get lumbered with the inconvenience. If someone's about to side-swipe me on the motorway, I'll still take evasive action. If I didn't care, then I'd just let them hit me.

I do my best to 'run in' the cars from new, even though the manufacturer tends to say that you don't need to these days. I'm very gentle with them for the first 1,000 miles and then get progressively more enthusiastic with the 'go faster' pedal. Yes, I thrash them on a fairly regular basis, but I did that with my own cars too.

If I'm honest, there have been occasions when I've been fed up with my job/employer and taken it out on the car. I tended to do that when the company actually owned them though. If I do it with a lease vehicle, I'm really only getting at the lease company.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome