Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Snapped Cambelt*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Yep it was the cambelt, a dead easy job that he said would take a week tops. Then he put his back out (supposedly) then another excuse and another, but as he was offering to do it for such a good price and he had been recommended by my brother in law, as he's been doing jobs on his cars for years, we thought he would be fine to do the job.

The guy at Renault even said, I don't know what this guy's been doing to your car but there's things missing and things in totally the wrong place and parts of the engine that he would have no reason to even go near that have been messed with. I still can't grasp the fact he sent an unworking car into a main dealers to be looked out with hundreds of pounds worth of bits missing!! I can only assume he took it apart and couldn't remember where everything went when it was reassembled, some mechanic!

The guy's a total idiot, fortunately he hadn't been fully paid so he won't be getting anything else from me, but I'm pi$$ed that i'm having to replace parts that he has, problem is I can't reach him by phone and even if i could he'd probably deny having the missing parts, and i don't think it'd be wise for the other half to go round as he wants his head on a platter. don't really know what else to do
Currently in samdoh27's garage:
W reg clio mtv and 03 reg laguna II 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome