Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic - Boot unlock problem and general dealership lack of faith!

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
Good point spagy.

I'm sure that some dealers read the forum with interest and i hope in future one or two will be interested enough to post a view from their side.

Have to say, doubt you'll get much of a view from a dealer, I work for a busy dealer, as an RTE and workshop controller, I try and help people whenever I can but it gets a bit depressing when all i read is rants about dealers and techs, they aint all bad although in this case the diagnostic path was pretty deplorable, I replaced a Megane UCH for this fault just a couple of weeks ago, after an argument from the owner because someone else had told him it would be a cheap fix, imagine his surprise when given an estimate for a uch ... ...point is that i had to prove my diagnosis to him before he would believe what i was saying, he believed some guy in the street who didnt even look at the car, over a trained technician (master) regulated by the IMI!

Guess what i'm saying is 40'000 disgruntled renault owners vs a couple of dealer views = one big long argument in my opinion.
Currently in Gogslad's garage:
Koleos, RR1 Fireblade, RRW Fireblade, CZ 125.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome