Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #73 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2006
A former user
Maybe they should add things like ( checking your vehicle is roadworthy ) to the driving test.

I beleive they will shortly be introducing things like how to check your oil , how to change a spare wheel etc etc etc..

I am only 36 yrs old but I strongly beleive that your safety ( and the safety of your passengers ) is in your hands.

Sorry but I know of no other manufacturer who's bonnet catch system is foolproof or needs know regular maintenance.

The fact that the later models also have plastic catches leads me to strongly consider the possibility that the problem lies with poor maintenance and the need for media hype.

Now I do not wish to sound disrespectful to anyone who has had a bonnet fly up on a clio but I would like to learn more FACTS about the problem.

It is a shame Renault could not make an explanatory comment on the issue during the programme.

I know their dealerships are going to be flooding with questions from Clio Owners later in the morning !!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome