Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Turning off or repairing Xenon headlight washer jets

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Me as well

This has happened to me twice , The first time it was a existing problem with the car when I purchased it. The jets can only be accessed by taking the bumper off which is a reasonably easy job. I found the first one to be completely shattered. I was ok until I used the wiper jets at night then the whole water bottle siphoned empty. I relaced the broken one and 2 months later same again!!. The second one happened during a very cold spell and being lazy I had topped up the washer bottle with water as I had run out of antifreeze. This caused the water to freeze in the jet body and a mini explosion when I used them, as they are powered by high pressure hoses. I still haven't sorted this I have blanked it off for now until I find another used part, they are 80 from renault. A hot glue gun stick fits in the hose perfectly held by the original spring clip as a temp measure.
Currently in Lewis's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome