A while ago I posted about the immobiliser going faulty on my Laguna Mk1 2.0l 16v Rti S. The solution I posted was calling a bloke, paying £10, obtaining a four-digit code and entering this via the central locking button.
The problem was that I only got about 10mins away from the car before I had to enter the code again. I'm far too tight to pay £270 for a new
, let alone £70 to have the immobiliser immobilised. I don't drive every day, and rarely drive far when I do, but it was getting a bit irksome all the same.
I recently had to repair my gearbox. This was a tedious process (I'll post in the Engines section with the results of this chore). In short, it was nearly three weeks before I got my car back -- and the immobiliser is now working as it should!
The mechanics at the garage I use are very efficient, but they assured me they hadn't intentionally fixed it and they couldn't see how changing clutch and box would fix it.
It seems that disconnecting the battery for a 'long' time causes the
to reset. I'd tried disconnecting overnight while charging the battery but that obviously wasn't long enough. So if you don't want to spend on fixing the immobiliser, try disconnecting the battery for between a day and 19 days.