Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by kitbooth View Post
Just had an identical window problem this morning (Scenic 1.9dci 2004 at 41750 miles). Noticed front passenger window slightly open (about an inch), went to close it and it majestically slid down into the door. Local Renault dealer said "Probably the regulator, we had lots of them". Took the car in this afternoon and fixed while I waited - new regulator as the green clip had broken.
No quibble about a warranty repair although car is four months past the end of the three year warranty. Phew!
Ours clip/regulator has just gone on our 54 plated Scenic. We went to our local dealer who said that this was a known problem and that Renault had extended the warranty to 4 years for this item. So booked the car in. Missus takes the car in. Expecting the regulaor to be done there and then and a large (I mean LARGE) bloke in the dealers says, "that'll be 301 squid please!!! Oh and you'll have to come back this afternoon for it to be fitted as we haven't got one here!!" Cue phone call to me. Me to RCS . They phoned the dealer and whay hey, "you dont have to pay!" Smiles all round!!! The missus cast daggers at the guy all the time she was there!!!
Currently in free2go's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic 1.6, Yamaha FJR1300
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome