Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Not Turning Over*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic 1 - Not Turning Over*FIXED*

Hi all - My daughter's 1.6 '98 scenic (8v) has suddenly refused to start, worked fine last night, nothing left on. Battery OK, headlamps are bright. Turn ignition on and fuel pump runs, but no click - nothing. 12.9 volts at the main pos lead from the thermal fuse under the bonnet, bump starts quite happily.

I'm thinking solenoid or starter motor, but I'm not familiar with the electronics on Renaults so wondered if there's a fuse or relay somewhere that might be loose/faulty.

Searched the forum and have some ideas, going to check earth straps and various connections next.

They've picked the most awkward place to hide the starter, obviously it's an underneath job to remove it - is it straightforward or do you need to drop the exhaust/remove the gearbox/take the seats out to get the starter out . . .

5 Lastest Threads by Odyssey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 1 - Not Turning Over*FIXED* Scenic Lagdti 6 4872 22nd August 2008 11:58 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome