Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to tankface
The deed is done

Had the speakers put in this morning as well as the Connect2 leads. Powered it up and......just......The sound in comparison is... I can't describe how different it sounds. Driving home I just wanted to carry on past my house but had to get home as I was due down the pub with me Dad

Looks like the front passenger speaker had been replaced and bodged in either by a relative of the previous owner (as she was an old dear) or by Renault as it was GLUED in and battered 0 tweeter cone had been pushed in and the outer cone was scuffed and scratched. Makes me wonder if it was me that had blown it in the first okace or whether it was buggered when I bought it...

...Either way I'll worry about that when I go to put them back in when selling it in a few years or so after Uni For now I'll just enjoy some proper clarity

One thing that impressed me about the Sub is that it reproduces bass inside the car amazingly yet when you step outside the car it can hardly be heard - therefore I won't tick off the neighbours. Makes me think MAC-Audio have the direction of the Port (a horizontal cut-out on the top of the box, with a sloped inside) perfected for directional-audio. I would definately buy their kit again so consider that a recommendation

Currently in tankface's garage:
2006 Black Magic Seat Leon Sport TDI DSG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome