Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - (Ph2) Rear Brake Noise*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 - (Ph2) Rear Brake Noise*Fixed*

Hi everyone,

Looking for more advice/suggestions regarding a problem I have with the rear disc brakes of my 2.0l Laguna II Phase II(55 plate).

Just to remind you I'm a keen DIYer and I finally got around to changing the pads on my car using the excellent info provided by LAGDTI but now I am experiencing a high pitch squeel from the rear if the brakes are binding.

On inspection the rear wheels are getting hotter than the front.....I have driven at least 250miles since pad replacement with no heavy braking so I am hoping the pads are now 'bed in'.

I have taken the wheels off to check to see if the pistons are moving (they are) and for other stuff like leaks etc. (ok)
The handbrake cable is slack when off and the disc is stiff to move when rotated.

When I replaced the rear brake pads I used a 're-wind tool' (the lead screw type) and wound the piston back in clockwise on both sides of vehicle.

I have a gut feeling that the brakes have 'over-adjusted' and need to be "de-adjusted"...but am open to suggestions.

However I have little knowledge of disc handbrake adjustment (opposed to drum brake) and therefore hoping someone can help me out with some info regarding my problem?

many thanks in advance

Currently in alun1971's garage:
2002 Renault Megane 1.4 Fidji
  5 Lastest Threads by alun1971
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Mk1 Ph2 Boot Locking Mechanism Broken Electronics alun1971 2 2070 3rd November 2012 12:51 PM
'02 Megane 1.4 Emissions Light On Engines madnoel10 6 4379 14th November 2008 06:20 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - (Ph2) Rear Brake Noise*Fixed* Laguna Lagdti 12 9896 22nd August 2008 07:57 PM
2005 Laguna II Phase II 2.0L Brake Pad Replacement Wheels & tyres ottoman 3 1685 28th September 2007 02:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome