Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the law on reverse seating?

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 23rd August 2008 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi as i said at the start of this thread iam not that keen on the idea to be honest but iam not convinced its any safer to be honest,OK if you have a frontal crash when sitting to the rear with your belt in place OK i can see a benefit because your body has the extra cushion of the seat behind it but this may not always be the cause in all crashes from the front when sitting to the rear because its not natural to sit this direction in a car, i would think you would have more of a tendency to twist yourself swivel your body to face the front and talk to the driver or passenger to the front making this horrendous in an accident?OK manufactors spend thousands looking into this but there is no way that they fit those seats with safety in mind do they??,well iam not that sure to honest but its worth a thinking about,cheers Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome