Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Idle speed

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2006
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
throttle body

Originally Posted by MIKE4369
Thanks Faultman
I have suspected all along that a sensor of some sort is at fault, can you tell me where these are, is it possible to get at them easily or is it a garage job. I will try another garage for a diagnostic. Strangely the car performed ok today but I notice that it does in warmer weather (coincidence maybe!). Noticed also that the idle speed is about what you state but the fault does not appear if it is above 800rpm so maybe a sensor is a bit dodgy below this. Any help with sensor positions will be gratefully recieved.
Thank to all who have contributed so far.

The way you are explaining your fault it sound like it is your throttlebody this will cost you about 188 pound inc fitting .
Or the idle valve
I would also complain to Renault customer services you have been given naff advice i feel whatever you have spent so far should be refunded.
As the other members state take it to another garage and tell them you think it may be your throttle body .
If it was an injector or your engine was coked up you would have loss of power you state your car goes like stink and it is just reving too low .
This has all the marking of a dodgy throttle body this also throws your ecu into a spaze telling u yor esp and injectors are at fault .

Thanks ide man
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome