Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #367 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Reanult Laguna 2 - Tyre Pressure Display Intermittant

The tyre pressure sensors on my Laguna II Dynamique have never worked, I assumed they'd been disabled by a previous owner and after reading how problematic they seem to be decided to leave them that way. However, whilst on a general tinkering session, on removing the ALIM/ UCH fuse and replacing it (fuse was fine) I noticed I had all four wheels on display. The wheel indicators showed constantly for 3 to 5 miles then the display dissapeared. Same thing happens each time I fiddle with fuse. My tyres are all at the correct pressure with no leaks etc. I allways get the puncture warning light (1 or 2 seconds) when starting the car, thought this was a normal self check, but never seen these tyres on small display until now. My question is "is this normal behaviour after having the sensors disabled, or is my car mis-behaving?".
Currently in markypop11's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome