Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Buzzing Noise

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2 - Buzzing Noise

My annoying Renault Clio 1.2 16 valve(I have had it for six weeks and it seems to keep going wrong) has started making a buzzing noise when the ignition is turned twice (the 'click' before the engine starts).

The noise appears to be coming from the plastic panel above the windscreen which has the light and map light in it.

There are some holes in fron of the light and behind it that look like they may have some sort of speaker in them that may be making the buzzing noise (I could be completely wrong about there being speakers but the noise is definately coming from this unit)

Does anyone jave any idea what this is? It has only started doing it today?

Last week it had a new TDC sensor put in and it had a problem with the air con a couple of days ago but this seems to have dissappeared.

Any help with what has to be the worst built car I have ever owned would be great.

Currently in barrybarryr's garage:
2002 Clio 1.2 16v

Last edited by Lagdti; 25th August 2008 at 09:54 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by barrybarryr
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Mk 3 (2002) Leak In Rear Passenger Footwell Interiors madnoel10 3 3966 27th December 2010 09:36 PM
Renault Clio 2 - Buzzing Noise Electronics Meganeman 4 3128 25th August 2008 09:50 PM
Renault Clio 2 - Aircon Not Working Heating & cooling barrybarryr 7 2882 22nd August 2008 06:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome