Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Calling all Avantimers + friends

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by SykeStudiO
Hi Holger,

I have a company nearby that will make up full or part stainless exhaust systems to one's own design, so I may ask them to quote for a rear silencer setup with twin outlets, similar to the Devil system. I presume the split is made in front of the rear "axle" behind the fuel tank and the tail pipes are then fed over the "axle" to the rear?

Hi John,

well, I'm not certain if it comes easier to have a custom made exhaust. The DEVIL is made of stainless steel, at a reasonable price to my point of view. To my information there are still 35 units on stock. As far as I remember I paid 380 Euros for the twin exhaust.

The tail pipe is not split in front of the axle. But the original pipe has to be cut in this area and from there you get a new stainless steel single pipe by-passing the axle leading to the final silencer which is mounted in the area of the spare wheel.
The spare wheel has to be removed and one has to carry a tire fit set instead. The two visable end pieces are part of the final silencer. (My god, quite hard for me to explain technical stuff in English )

Currently in coupéspace's garage:
2006 Toyota Prius Executive, 1984 Citroën CX
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome