Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RT, RTe, RXE etc

View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
The Japanese perhaps like to keep things simple?! Well it was deffo the case for the Carina and IIRC Corolla at the time, we had all the brochures and the only difference was a cd player on those Toyotas
It could well be. I don't think CD ever stood for CD Player in Europe though. In fact, I'm pretty sure I recall my mum looking at a MkII Astra CD at one point, and I think that only had a radio/cassette.

Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
My favorite spec levels of all time were the Popular and Poular Plus Mk1/2 Fiestas. We used to call them "Poverty" and "Poverty Plus" (many of us in the 6th form at the time actually used to drive Mk2 Uncle Festers - I nearly bought a brown 1.6 diesel )

The Poverty Plus spec meant you had a passenger door mirror and rear wiper! 1,2,3 Ooooooooohh! I saw a Mk2 Fester t'other day which must be the first one I've seen in a long time. Brought back happy memories
I remember hiring a Fiesta for a week when my Audi bit the dust. It was winter, and the first morning I had it, I spent a good five minutes or more looking for the heated rear window switch. I only twigged when I looked at the window and realised that it didn't have lines running across it.

As I recall, it didn't have a radio. In fact, I don't think it even had a space in the dash to fit one.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome