Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Instrument panel fault - need another one!

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2008 Thread Starter
Greg Ledder
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Update on instrument cluster

Hi all,
Managed to remove my instrument cluster with surprising ease thanks to the 'How to' guide on the forum - brilliant and so easy to follow!!
I noticed that 2 bulbs were missing - the ABS bulb and one that is for the heated seats.I'm wondering in the ABS bulb was removed on purpose - a possible problem with the ABS?
Anyway, have had a quote from BBA-Reman for a repair at 150 + vat but they also require the 'BSI' unit - I have enquired as to what this unit is but haven't had a reply yet.Does anyone know what this is?
Also,I have found a second hand unit with a 3 month guarrantee at 120 + vat which sounds ok.
Would another dash be just 'plug and play' or does it have to be coded to the ECU ?
I noticed that there was a black box under the dash which had the name 'Cobra' on it - obviously an alarm of some kind but it had three plugs that weren't plugged in,two of them had telephone type connectors on them.Haven't a clue what they all for so I have left them well alone!
Thanks to all for the advice,
Currently in Greg Ledder's garage:
1998 Espace 2.0L RT-X auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome