Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - locked out ! help

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
many thanks to all whos replied

he's now 'sorted' the problem out. it turns out the key card was at fault. it was taken apart, jiggled a bit and then the button pressed simultaneously. it seems a crack in the circuit board is the culprit. he's a lucky guy ! even the green flag guy didn't want to take it away (what with it having the handbrake on). i never knew the handbrakes on these things were electronic. i think renault are trying to be a bit too clever for their own good here.

it also turns out the emergency key inside the faulty card was a blank and not cut !!! the one in the card in the glove compartment was fine.

actually the 8500 for a totally new complete engine as it turns out i was a bit conservative on. i believe the whole thing was around 7900+vat. total madness. you can buy a complete car with the same miles on for around 7k !! but then again you could spend 7 grand on another one only for the engine on that to go pop.

i have this theory that RHD renaults are built on a friday afternoon at 4.50pm ! i've lost count of how many i've owned (having bought and sold a few in my time) but never again and neither will my mate !

renault if you're reading this (doubtful) get the reliability sorted out. they make great, comfortable and good looking cars but as soon as you get into the real world of running them........they're a nightmare !

and yes i did see the program about the headlight bulb thing on the new megan - totally scandalous, completely unreasonable and unnecessary. what were they thinking of when they designed it like that ? i really can't believe someone would actually go out of their way to make it that complicated just to change a simple consumable that probably has to be changed a couple of times a year.
what next i wonder ? wheel arches that completely cover the wheels so you have to take the wing off when you want to change a tyre ??

come on renault - get your act sorted.

there - rant over !
many thanks and wishes to all with your help - much appreciated
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome