Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - locked out ! help

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by krishnablue View Post
actually the 8500 for a totally new complete engine as it turns out i was a bit conservative on. i believe the whole thing was around 7900+vat. total madness. you can buy a complete car with the same miles on for around 7k !! but then again you could spend 7 grand on another one only for the engine on that to go pop.
Why not just get a salvage engine for around 2-300? Fitting and all the installation work would of been about 1.5k max! I suppose its nice if you can afford (or at least find the money) for a new engine though. I'd certainly like to do that if I could but then I'd go OTT and have the whole car overhauled lol.

renault if you're reading this (doubtful) get the reliability sorted out. they make great, comfortable and good looking cars but as soon as you get into the real world of running them........they're a nightmare !
Renault don't care. They're too short sighted for that. As PatW says they're rethinking their strategies but only for their own personal gain and to secure their future. You're never going to get a straight car out of them thats easy to maintain, fix and put right at the side of the road. Renault don't beleive in that anymore.

and yes i did see the program about the headlight bulb thing on the new megan - totally scandalous, completely unreasonable and unnecessary. what were they thinking of when they designed it like that ? i really can't believe someone would actually go out of their way to make it that complicated just to change a simple consumable that probably has to be changed a couple of times a year.
what next i wonder ? wheel arches that completely cover the wheels so you have to take the wing off when you want to change a tyre ??
Frankly its pathetic really that they could come up with such crap. I'll tell you what they were thinking when they designed it.... . Thats all they think about. A major part of Renault is now owned by the french government who of course want more british money going their way. I'm telling you guys its political.

Please don't suggest wheel arches like that on a public renault forum - I'm sure Renault staff probably watch annonymously

I completely agree with you. In the long run it won't do renault any favours at all doing things like this. About 3 years or so ago i needed a right angle bit of radiator hose for a laguna about (6 inches long max) - went to the parts dept at the local dealership with 10 in my pocket asked the guy for the part - 17 !!! I said 'how much ?!' and he told me that if I'd come a week ago it would have been 5.60 but renault had just revised their prices. i went elsewhere.
Joke isn't it. Going up from 6 to 17 - 11? - Surely they couldn't even blame inflation!

renault seem to have adopted a short sighted policy that will bite them hard on the ar#e if they're not careful and they continue down the route they're on.
None of my colleagues will touch a renault. There is obviously a reason for that.

trying to work out what the font is you're looking for (i own a sign company in thetford)

i'd say have a look at the site '' but as the font is joined it won't recognise it i don't think. you may be able to post on there and someone could help you. certain companies have fonts exclusive to themselves (BT are one) and they can be quite protective of them !
Cheers for that. It might be an exclusive Renault thing and if it is... like you say I'm sure they'll do everything to defend it. I only want to build a website about the saff lol.
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome