Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Dissapointed Owner

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2008
Not quite sure I see your point...

Yes the Japanese make the most reliable cars, it's been that way pretty much since the 70's when the Datsun Cherry first came over. Their cars are consistently the top of the reliability tables.

But if everything is so rosy for the Japanese, they are making perfect cars and they have no expense putting cars right under warranty, why were Nissan in a position to be bought out and why are there still European car manufacturers? Surely if your theory is correct and Renault were only in such a strong position because they ripped us all off with cr4p cars, for Nissan to become a viable purchase, their reliability will have to be brought down to the level of Renaults rather than Renault moving up to the level of Nissan

As I said in another thread earlier tonight, Renault are aware that they have a customer service issue and are looking at it. Personally my experience with modern Renaults has been good, having said that I now have my first Japanese car so I'm sure I'll get to see the difference first hand

Last edited by Pat.w; 28th August 2008 at 12:30 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome