Join Date: Dec 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bulb has gone on the mileage display.
It's quite easy to get to it to change it:
1) Under the dashboard but above the speedo unit there is a long black panel with 3 screws (4 for some versions). Remove the screws and take out the panel.
2) You'll then have access to the top screws on the black panel that is over the speedo unit. Undo these.
3) Remove the black thin panel above the steering wheel at the bottom of the main black panel over the speedo - It's only clipped in so it will just pull out (forwards if I remember correctly)
4) Undo the 2 screws behind where the thin panel was above the steering wheel
5) Take out the big plastic panel
6) Now you can see a screw on each corner of the speedo unit. Once all the screws are out you can grab the speedo unit out. Be warned you need to adjust the steering wheel first and move it as far away from the dash as possible.
7) To manouvere the speedo unit out is tricky. You sorta have to tip it up, twist it round and bring one end out first. Be careful as there are 2 massive bundles of cables plugged into the back (which you'll need to carefully unplug).
8) The speedo unit now needs unscrewing with a torx screwdriver. Only undo the screws on the black plastic panel as it has a hinge on it.
9) Open the black back panel of the speedo - You will see lots of bulbs on the PCB. They just twist to be removed.
Refitting is just the above steps in reverse. Be careful though when plugging the data cables back in as sometimes the contacts seem a bit iffy and you might loose your P/R/N/D/3/L indicator along with the snow flake and speed icons. Should that happen unplug the data cables again and re-plug them until it works.
If you're not sure of any of the steps let me know and I'll take a few photos to guide you along.
Sorry I can't comment on the cruise control but it sounds like a dodgy contact somewhere...
Currently in delta1066's garage: