Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault 25 point check??!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault 25 point check??!!

Well my little silver babe had its little problem sorted out at Renault, who out of the goodness of their hearts did a 25 point check, and picked up on a few other bits that needed doing - the horn was replaced, the rear brake had seized, so had it un-seized, the rear wiper was split, so got it replaced, and the handbrake lever was loose, they did that foc. So all seemed well.

I called the next day after reading on t'internet that a loose handbrake would fail an MOT and thought mine still felt loose, was told no don't worry that was all done for you.

Took it for MOT, call at 9.27 to say it had failed on the following

1- Brake discs and pads where worn and a bit corroded.
2 - Front wipers need replacing
3 - rear brake is seized ( )
4 - Handbrake is loose ( !!!!)

Now if their fantastic 25 point @?#&ing check picked up rear wipers how did it miss front, if they had checked and ok'd the brake system how did they miss such severley corroded discs and pads, I paid them 74 '#?%ing to unseize the rear brakes, and was assured less than 24 hours earlier that the handbrake was fine!!!

So I still have no car, they wanted 168 to change the pads and discs (my brother in law is doing it) and a local garage is doing the handbrake. AND they want another 20 to do a partial re-test, when its failed on things they have been paid to do last week!!!

What good is a 25 point check that doesn't pick up on points that need checking!!!

Am I just being sensitive cos of prior recent issues with mechanics or is this as bad as it feels??
Currently in samdoh27's garage:
W reg clio mtv and 03 reg laguna II 1.8
  5 Lastest Threads by samdoh27
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna comes back from garage undriveable? Engines Monkey_moo 11 1962 24th April 2009 06:42 PM
Renault 25 point check??!! Cars & motoring abou27 13 2474 28th August 2008 09:21 PM
Laguna key card Engines madnoel10 4 1715 7th August 2008 09:17 PM
Renault Clio 2 - Snapped Cambelt*Fixed* Clio petercee 43 12576 7th August 2008 08:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome