Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Am I doing the right thing?!!

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I don't know what's supposed to be wrong with the full three year warranty. As far as I'm aware, it covers just about anything apart from bona-fide consumables. I believe the only restriction is mileage related in the third year, and as your car is well below the 60K threshold, that shouldn't be a problem.

I should be on commission for this by now, but the Renault Harmony warranty is probably the best (though not the cheapest) way to extend this beyond the three years. Prices vary depending on mileage and the number of years you want to extend it by, but it gives close to the same cover as the original manufacturer's warranty, and could pay for itself several times over if the car needs a single major repair (e.g. turbo replacement.)

Cruise may have come as standard with some of the auto box variants, but I think the only phase 1 manuals to get it as standard were the Initiales. I know you get cruise on most (all?) of the 'Elegance' range now, but I think that only came in with the phase 2.

We had a 52 plate Privilege 2.0 VVT on the fleet until recently, and that didn't have cruise control. It had climate, but then the Privileges always have had.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome