Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - General moan and some advice please

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna - General moan and some advice please

My first 2 cars were Renault 5s and I loved them to bits. After this, I had a departure from Renault for many years but decided to return when I wanted a very comfortable and well equipped quality car. I subsequently bought a 2002 Laguna last August. In the past year, I have replaced and or repaired the following:

- both front window regulators
- catalytic converter
- coil pack
- all plug leads
- both front coil springs due to them snapping when car parked
- discs and pads on all four wheels (routine I know)
- Still need to replace drive shafts on both sides of the car

I still have the dreaded fuel injection intermittent fault and now have another intermittent fault of "anti-pollution monitor faulty". The car is also jumpy and lacking in power above 5000rpm (slightly embarassing when trying to overtake) and has a tendency to gurgle when starting and have no heat to the heaters some times and sometimes not. I have decided to repair the anti-pollution fault and sell the car. This is a shame since I love the car when it works but have had so many breakdowns and trouble that I can not rely on the car any more.
The advice I need is for the anti-pollution fault. I suspect Lambda sensors but need to know where these are, how many and a good source as really don't want to spend any more than I have to.
Any help and words of consolation greatly appreciated.....
Currently in LuckyPedro's garage:
2002 Laguna 2.0ide Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by LuckyPedro
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna - General moan and some advice... Cars & motoring bomberwilliamson 12 1885 31st August 2008 12:28 PM
New CAT needed Engines madnoel10 12 2070 24th June 2008 10:14 PM
window motor 6 pin to 2 pin Electronics LuckyPedro 9 1783 29th December 2007 06:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome