Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Has anyone considered a Motorbike?

View Single Post
post #90 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2008
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Thanks for the words of advice Pat, all perfectly sound.

I tried the bike for size (I've got fairly short legs - they barely reach the ground when I'm standing up normally ), but the bike seemed all well and good - the saddle seemed a little wider, but no doubt, as middle age takes its toll - I'll grow into it...

The brakes really impressed me with their size - on my 125, I have one paltry disc on the front wheel, whereas this one has 2 discs, that each look almost twice the size of mine.

It wasn't the only bike I tried when I was their - a cruiser (which I didn't like the feel of - plus it was only a 200cc), and a sports bike style (again a 250cc), which looked good - but I felt the bike would look better than the rider.

Ultimately, it really boils down to what I can afford (it was intended to be a money-saving exercise after all), and the price for a new bike just looks too good to pass up. I have attached a photo from the internet.

Sure, it won't be as cutting edge as a second-hand one would be, but I'll be the first person to use it (which means I don't have to worry about abuse or bodged repairs). Being self-employed, I'm well aware of my vunerability on the road (no-one pays me when I'm sick), so I ride accordingly (keeping pace with the traffic, but always vigilant about risks).

Maybe once I make my millions, I can look to that M1800.

Thanks again for the reply.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kinlon 250cc.gif
Views:	16
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	6279  

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome