Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - N7's M-M-M-Mega Thread of Mini Niggles

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by N7Qauto View Post
I'll keep it in mind, could even pick one up from a scrappys, or is it recommended to use a new pump?
You could if you could find a very low mileage safrane but you'd have to disassemble the v-belt setup and all the cambelt setup yourself. It would be at least 3 hours of work just to get at it. If you can find a good scrapper who will let you virtually destroy a good engine bay for a water pump be sure to send me their details!

Generally though NO!!! The water pump won't of been used for a while and might of even seized! I can not stress enough how important the water pump is to your engine. If you can N7, buy brand new - the best you can afford. Even if you decide to put off the belt change by a month or have to borrow the cash. Once the new belt is in and you've paid in labour, you can't change the pump without having a new belt fitted and yet more expense (or in your case a large amount of ***8364;). I've no idea how much the pumps are as I've never looked into it myself. The timing belt kit for mine was about 80 if I remember right from Partco and even that was at trade price after begging I can only assume the pump will be a similar price.
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome