Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Highest Mileage Car.. post your mileage

View Single Post
post #261 of (permalink) Old 4th September 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Cool The return of he Lag

Well the lag made it back from the south of France and now has 253,000 miles on the clock.

Had to get the aircon regassed while over there (cost 65 euro's in case anyone else has the problem loads of places do it as its damm hot down there) They also topped up the oil free of charge. bloody nice bloke

The car ran superbly and on some occasions I actually dropped down to the speed limit just to give it a rest.

The only other problem was the black plastic cover at the top of the tailgate nearly parted company with the rest of the car (the piece that holds the high level brake light) It was only attached by the screen washer tubing (tough stuff that) Its held on with 2 screws and a load of plastic clips that break (all at once) scary moment

If you ever want to get a French driver off your tailgate. try that it really works.

Quick trip to the supermarket for a cheap battery drill and some self tapping screws sorted that out and all was well.

Long live the lag.

ps anyone know the French for self tapping screws it could save me time if it ever happens again.
Currently in planmeca's garage:
Renault Laguna 1.8 16v x 2 and a lot of other things. could really do with a tidy up to be honest I'll do it tomorrow
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome