Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #906 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
I just thought I'd add an update to this story.I know a lot of people have contacted VOSA about the problem and have been dissapointed that there has been a refusal to issue a safety recall on all Clio 2's,but VOSA haven't been completely ignoring the people that contacted them.

On the computer system that is used for MOT's now there is a section called the VSI which is the Vehicle Specific Information.This has a section that flags any possible issues with the car we are about to test and any things to pay special attention to.Up until now the section hasn't been used,but the Renault Clio 2 has the dubious pleasure of being the first model to be 'flagged',and it's for possible problems with the bonnet catches 'due to poor maintenance'.

The information is printed on the check sheet that is used when carrying out an MOT,and although I forget the exact wording,it brings the problem to the testers awareness.

I know this may sound like 'too little too late',but at least it advertises the fact that there concerns with the catches.I must admit,if it wasn't for me being a member of this forum I wouldn't have known about any problem with them,so this is at least alerting people in the trade and then this can be reported to the owner of the car.

I know it's not a recall,but at least VOSA are listening.
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Lagdti; 5th September 2008 at 06:22 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome