Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna mk.1 ph.1 - Espace III headlight interchangability?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Laguna mk.1 ph.1 - Espace III headlight interchangability?

I've been looking at pictures of Espace III headlights lately, thinking that I had read somewhere they were the same as Lag 1 ph.1 headlights (although obviously, the indicators are different as they're more swept round the wing on the Espace.)

They do look like they're the same shape and size, and all the mountings look the same, so I'm wondering if anybody who actually knows both could comment...

You see, with all this talk of lenses fogging up on Lag 1 phase 2 lights, I was thinking that instead, we could use the lights from the later (2000>?) Espace IIIs, which don't seem to suffer the same problem, and have clear glass, rather than the patterend type found in ph.1 lights - Perhaps some determined person could even rig up the projector version (are these Xenon?) although they might look a bit odd combined with the patterned-glass indicators from a ph.1 lag...

Plus, I can't see any reason could certainly pull the clear foglamps from said later Espace IIIs and fit them on a Lag 1 Phase 1 for a slightly more up-to-date look...

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 5th September 2008 at 07:18 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Azurael
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dear Admin General Chat HeatherJ 18 3456 10th April 2012 09:26 PM
2-wheeled steed My mottah! coup 4 1101 9th April 2012 02:38 PM
It's going mad Electronics mord 4 1260 8th March 2012 10:56 AM
And you thought Renault boot doors were stupid... YouTube Azurael 5 3223 28th February 2012 09:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome