Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Another xenon adjustment question - plz help?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th September 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Another xenon adjustment question - plz help?

Hi guys. I'm completely thick when it comes down to car mechanics etc and dont have a clue so if somebody can please help I am prepared to have a go at sorting my problem.
My xenons no longer seem to adjust and I have read the other threads and by reading these it appears that there should be two sensors on the near side, one at the front and one at the rear. I think I have found the one on the front as there is a box with an arm on it that moves up and down tho not connected to anything. It has a small ball joint type connection at the end. Below that is a plastic arm connected to the wishbone? with a female type ball joint connection at one end, again not connected to anything so I have pushed these two parts together as they seem to fit.
I can not see any such fittings at the rear. Do I need to take the wheel off to have a look or should I be able to see from underneath the vehicle?
Does anybody have a photo or a simple description of what I am looking for?
I have had to turn the beam down using the manual adjusters (the white nylon type screw in the top of the light units) as when in the outside lane I was lighting up the full interior of cars that I was passing.
So, if you can help, can you let me know?
Currently in VEL SATISfied's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer GT Line Tomton 2.0Dci
  5 Lastest Threads by VEL SATISfied
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Nexen or Uniroyal tyres? Wheels & tyres Ralph 13 1410 4th July 2015 09:46 PM
What Turbo Type M9R Engines VEL SATISfied 3 1075 5th September 2014 09:56 AM
Steering wheel illumination Interiors VEL SATISfied 8 1206 17th July 2014 07:21 AM
Back to a 2 Renault family again General Chat Phil48 4 608 28th June 2014 09:31 PM
Laguna 3 estate 3rd brake light Electronics VEL SATISfied 5 2102 22nd June 2014 03:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome