Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Open throttle on 1.8 16v Laguna Sport Tourer

Thought i would share my experience of this subject with you. I too, have had the sticking throttle problem, fuel injection system faulty etc. I was told it was the ECU as the voltage readings to the throttle body were incorrect and hence why it was constantly revving at over 2000rpm. After a new one was fitted and programmed by Renault dealer it did not fix it. This meant that it could only be the wiring loom on the basis that they tried a new throttle body but it still gave the problem and as mentioned above the ECU was replaced. When i picked the car up the technician showed me the contacts in the plug on the wiring loom that mates in the ECU ....and you could tell by inserting a small test probe that some of the contacts had lost there ability to spring together, when mated into the ECU connector, and therefore was creating an open circuit...that goes to the throttle body ! The new loom was fitted and the car now runs fine....the cost of all this was >1,000....hope this may help someone.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome