Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane I - Speedo dead

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane I - Speedo dead

Hi All, I have read through numerous posts on this forum about megane speedo problems and it looks like it is a very common problem. Anyway I have a 2000 1.4 megane and the speedo has stopped working completely, my car doesn't have a sensor on the gearbox and I believe it is run from an ABS sensor on one of the front wheel. I have changed the speedo clocks but still no luck, I dont have any fault lights on the dash, all lights go out as normal when the engine is started. The ABS system is working correctly, I have checked the earths on the engine block below the dipstick and also the ABS controller earths and all look good. What I am now looking for is a wiring diagram for the signal from the ABS unit to the clocks, is this direct or does it go through the ECU . If anyone could tell me the wiring pins/colours or if anyone has a wiring diagram or a link to one it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Currently in Dwalsh's garage:
2001 Megane 1.9Dti
  5 Lastest Threads by Dwalsh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2003 Laguna 1.9 DCI Immobiliser Electronics mr espace 1 1477 16th March 2013 04:37 PM
Mk2 Phase 2 front on 2000 Clio Bodywork bedford561 1 917 12th June 2009 10:41 PM
Renault Megane I - Speedo dead Electronics cph1984 1 3498 7th September 2008 08:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome