Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Radio code

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Originally Posted by honeypots View Post
Hi everyone, just a quick update. I was told if i could find the cars original dealership of purchase i could get the radio code free of charge. Spoke to renault UK to be told that the car came from Cyprus!!!!!!!! so not much chance of getting it. I will probably smile sweetly at my mum and see if she will buy me a cd player as an early Christmas present:
Ah right, didn't know that. Like you say though, not much chance of you nipping over there then, good excuse for a holiday though, lol.

Have you got a remote on the steering wheel, or next to it and a display that shows you radio info, or in your case, CODE If you have, and someone might be able to back me up on this, I don't think the remote or the display will work with an aftermarket headunit, only Renault one's. The clock will still show though and the temperature.

You could always look on Ebay for the right CD headunit for your car so it all works, unless yours is already a Cd one then the code would be cheaper, ha.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome